Merit Based Scholarship
The Rangjung Yeshe Institute is delighted to offer a limited number of merit-based scholarships for BA, MA Preparatory, and MA students each year. These awards are made mainly based on academic achievement at RYI. The value of each award is between thirty and fifty percent of the applicable tuition fee. Awards are for two consecutive semesters of study starting in the fall. Merit-based scholarships are not available for summer program students.
Eligibility: who can apply?
To apply for a merit-based scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled and studying in either the BA, MA, or MA preparatory program at the time of scholarship application.
- Must be enrolled for at least 12 credits in the semester of scholarship application, which is normally the fall semester.
- Failing a class during the semester of application makes the student ineligible for a scholarship.
- Have a GPA of 3.2 or above for the most recent semester.
- Students must take at least 12 credits (for-credit) in each semester for which they receive the scholarship. (Note: failure to pass any class during the fall semester will render a student ineligible for the award in the spring).
- Be a student in good standing.
To apply for the merit-based scholarship, please complete and submit the application form found here.
Timing and Award Decisions
Applications from eligible students are accepted from November 1 to January 15.
Award decisions are communicated by February 28.