Master of Arts Preparatory Program Scholarships
The Rangjung Yeshe Institute is delighted to offer a limited number of one-year merit- and need-based scholarships, for the Master of Arts (MA) Preparatory program in Buddhist Studies. The Master of Arts Preparatory scholarship is for new students applying to study in the MA Preparatory program, and not for existing MA Preparatory program students.
Existing students can apply for the Merit-Based Scholarship.
The MA Preparatory Scholarship is particularly for students who plan to continue in the MA Buddhist Studies and MA Textual Translation and Interpretation (TTIP) programs at RYI. This scholarship is awarded for one academic year, two semesters (fall & spring).
The value of each award is approximately 50% of the applicable tuition fee.
Scholarship award decisions are primarily based on academic merit and a personal application statement
Applications are accepted from November 1 until January 15 each year and awards will be announced by February 28.
Eligibility: who can apply?
- International, SAARC and Nepali applicants
- Must have applied for the MA Preparatory program.
- Must show commitment to study in the MA Buddhist Studies or MA TTIP program.
- Students must take at least 12 credits (For-credit) in each semester for which they receive the scholarship. (Note: failure to pass any class during the fall semester will render a student ineligible for the award in the spring).
- Master of Arts Preparatory Scholarship students must study on campus.
To apply for the Master of Arts Preparatory Scholarship, please complete and submit the application form found here
Timing and Award Decisions
Applications from eligible students are accepted from November 1 to January 15.
Award decisions are communicated by February 28.